The following information from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics outlines the process for becoming a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist:
- Complete a bachelor's degree and receive a verification statement from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Get matched/admitted to and successfully complete an ACEND-accredited supervised practice dietetic internship program (like ours).
- Pass the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) dietetic registration exam (the credentialing exam for dietitians).
- Gain licensure in your state of practice, if applicable.
- Maintain continuing education.