Applying as a Pre-select
The following individuals are eligible to apply through the pre-select process provided they meet all other admissions requirements.
- Current Texas State undergraduate students in good standing in the dietetics track
- Current Texas State graduate students in good standing in the master of science in human nutrition program
- Texas State alumni who graduated from the undergraduate dietetics track or the master of science in human nutrition program within the last five years
- Non-Texas State students who are applying for the master of science in human nutrition program by the January 15th deadline for the fall semester
If you are eligible to apply through the pre-select process, you do not need to complete the DICAS application and D&D Digital computer match. The process to apply as a pre-select is outlined below.
1. Submit the DI application materials by January 15th.
Please complete the Dietetic Internship application through the Graduate College website. Select "Dietetic Internship/Human Nutrition" as your program of study.
The following materials will be required for your application and will be submitted via the Graduate College website:
- copies of official transcripts (official transcripts, submitted directly from your institution, will be required only after you are admitted),
- credit/debit card information for the nonrefundable application fee ($70 for US applicants, $110 for applicants with international transcripts),
- two letters of recommendation,
- copy of your DPD verification statement or intent to complete (the official, hard copy verification statement will be required after you are admitted),
- personal statement, and
- current resume.
To submit these materials, please follow the application instructions on the Graduate College website.
Note: this application does not have to be completed in one sitting. You can log in as many times as you need. You can also complete the application for the Dietetic Internship at the same time as you complete the application for the MS in Human Nutrition.
All application materials must be received by the application deadline of January 15.
2. Submit the MS in Human Nutrition application materials by January 15th.
Complete the MS in Human Nutrition application through the Graduate College website. Select "Nutrition: Human Nutrition (MS)" as your program of study. Please follow all application instructions provided on this website. You will need to complete a separate personal statement, an additional letter of recommendation, and upload copies of your official transcripts for this application.
Applicants who are affiliated with Texas State (e.g. current students or alumni) are eligible to apply as pre-selects to the Dietetic Internship whether or not they are applying for the MS in Human Nutrition.
Current MS in Human Nutrition students are eligible to apply as pre-selects to the Dietetic Internship and do not need to complete a new application to the MS in Human Nutrition.
3. Prepare for a potential interview.
Pre-select applicants may be called by the DI Director for an interview between January 15th and February 1. Interviews will be scheduled in advance.
4. Receive notification by February 1.
All pre-select admissions decisions will be communicated by February 1 to give applicants who were not selected time to apply for other internships through the DICAS system.